Hand-held spectrometer is a spectral analysis instrument based on XRF (X Ray Fluorescence, X-ray fluorescence) spectral analysis technology. It is mainly composed of X-ray tube, detector, CPU and memory. Accuracy and other characteristics make it have important applications in the fields of alloys, ores, environment, consumer goods and other fields.
Handheld spectrometer> requires high resolution and signal-to-noise ratio, better intensity accuracy and wavelength accuracy, as well as anti-interference and excellent instrument stability. On the software of the instrument , it is required to be able to perform complex mathematical calculations such as derivatives and deconvolutions, and to be able to calculate the similarity between spectra, pattern recognition analysis, support multivariate correction analysis, and user-built spectral libraries and search.
A handheld spectrometer is a spectral analysis instrument based on XRF spectral analysis technology. When high-energy X-rays with energy higher than the binding energy of electrons in the inner layers of atoms collide with atoms, an inner layer electron is expelled and a hole appears, making the entire atom The system is in an unstable state. When the electrons in the outer layer jump to the hole, a photoelectron is generated, and the photon that is knocked out may be absorbed again to drive out another secondary photoelectron in the outer layer, and the Auger effect occurs. Called the secondary photoelectric effect or non-radiative effect. The ejected secondary photoelectrons are called Auger electrons. When the electrons in the outer layer jump into the hole in the inner layer, the energy released is not absorbed by the atom, but released in the form of photons, and X-ray fluorescence is generated, and its energy is equal to the energy difference between the two energy levels. Therefore, the energy or wavelength of ray fluorescence is characteristic and has a one-to-one correspondence with the elements. According to Moseley's law, as long as the wavelength of fluorescent X-rays is measured, the type of element can be known. This is the basis of qualitative analysis of fluorescent X-rays. In addition, the intensity of fluorescent X-rays has a certain relationship with the content of the corresponding elements. Based on this, quantitative analysis of elements can be performed. The X-ray detector detects the X-ray characteristics of the sample elementsThe optical signal of the spectral line is converted into an easy-to-measure electrical signal to obtain the characteristic information of the element to be measured.
1. On-site testing, fast and non-destructive, no need to send to the laboratory, greatly improving efficiency
2. The analysis speed is much faster than that of a desktop spectrometer, and the analysis results can be displayed in just a few seconds
3. Small size, light weight, easy to carry
Handheld spectrometer> has a wide range of applications, involving: electric power, petrochemical, archaeology, metal processing, pressure vessels, waste material recycling, aerospace, geological exploration, mine surveying and mapping, mining, ore sorting, mineral trade , metal smelting, environmental monitoring, soil monitoring, toys, clothing, shoes and hats, electronic products and many other fields.
Handheld spectrometers can be roughly divided according to their applications: alloy analyzers, ore analyzers, soil/environment analyzers, RoHS analyzers, etc. Generally, the element range that can be analyzed by an analyzer is: Mg~U.
1. Avoid placing the handheld spectrometer in the sun for a long time during operation, because it is easy to damage the LCD display, and the ambient humidity is between 0-95%. Do not place it in an environment with liquids or corrosive solvents, as this will cause great damage.
2. When replacing the detection window, be sure to clean it in a dust-free environment to prevent dust intrusion. Also cover the detector window to prevent dust from entering, and replace it quickly.
3. If there is sticky glue in the handheld spectrometer that needs to be cleaned, try to use gauze dipped in a small amount of alcohol and wipe it gently around the small holes. Remember, never insert any object into the detector, as this may damage the detector and cause significant losses.
4. If there is dirt or dust on the surface of the handheld spectrometer, blow it away with compressed air first, and then clean it thoroughly with a small piece of wet gauze. Do not use rough cloth to avoid damage.
5. The touch screen of the handheld spectrometer is composed of sensitive electronic devices. It should be cleaned regularly with a soft, lint-free microfiber cloth. Do not use detergent or liquid cleaning products for cleaning, because the screen may be scratched.
The daily maintenance and maintenance of the instrument is a very important thing, because the daily maintenance and maintenance are related to the life of the instrument. If it is properly maintained, the handheld spectrum analyzer can not only increase its service life, ensure the quality of work, but also make the work People become more efficient at work.
Then the handheld spectrum analyzer must first start from the operation and use, avoid short-termFrequently turn on the light machine and pull the trigger; do not insert sharp objects into the detector; you need to tap lightly when pressing the screen to avoid damage to the LCD display; the instrument needs to be fixed to prevent falling and damage to the metal beryllium window and precision components; it is prohibited to delete any programs, folders, documents, etc. of the device.
So what precautions should be taken when maintaining the handheld spectrum analyzer?
1. When cleaning dirt or dust on the surface of the instrument, first blow off the dust on the surface and then wipe it (soft gauze);
2. When operating the handheld spectrometer, it is strictly forbidden to delete any programs, folders, and documents of the device, and it is strictly forbidden to use USB drives (U disks) with viruses;
3. The handheld spectrum analyzer uses X-rays, and when measuring, the instrument cannot be pointed at anyone. Nor can any part of the body be caught in the beam;
4. The instrument needs to replace the window diaphragm in a clean and dust-free environment to prevent dust from entering the detector window;
5. The X-ray tube and detector in the handheld spectrum analyzer are precision components, and collision with the instrument is strictly prohibited;
6. The handheld spectrum analyzer cannot squeeze the computer screen;
7. Dedicated personnel. The equipment should be stored in a dry environment, and the instrument should not be stored in the sun for a long time to prevent damage to the LCD display, and it is forbidden to place it in fog, liquid and corrosive solvents;
8. At any time, it is forbidden to insert any object into the detector, which will cause damage to the detector and void the warranty;
9. The battery charging pressure of the handheld spectrometer is 220W AC, it is strictly forbidden to use 380V AC, and it is forbidden to use other chargers to charge the battery, and it is forbidden to disassemble the battery;
10. The battery of the handheld spectrum analyzer can be stored for a long time, so it needs to be charged once a year;