Limiting Oxygen Index Tester The ASTMD2863 test method is used to measure the low concentration of oxygen (oxygen index) that supports plastic candle-like combustion. QINSUN is the manufacturer and can provide this test instrument Welcome customers in need Call in time.
Advantages and features:
1. The company has been engaged in instrument testing for more than ten years and has a after-sales service team;
> 2. Can be different
3. Spare parts are available to solve the problem of long delivery time for spare parts ordering;
4. Provide outsourced maintenance services;
5. Long-term supply of various commonly used test instruments;
6. Keep up with the update of industry standards and care for test instruments that meet the new standards in time.
The ASTM D2863 test method is amethod for determining low concentrations of oxygen in an oxygen/nitrogen mixture that fuels the combustion of plastics in the sample. No correlation to actual end-use conditions.
The sample is placed vertically in a glass chimney and an oxygen/nitrogen environment is established by the airflow at the bottom of the chimney. The top edge of the sample is ignited and the oxygen concentration in the stream is reduced until the flame is no longer supported.
Depending on the type of test material, the sample has 6 specifications. For injection molded samples, the recommended size is 80 to 150 mm long x 10 mm wide x 4 mm thick. Results of different materials should only be compared when testing on samples of similar size.
The oxygen index, expressed as a percentage,is calculated based on the final tested oxygen concentration. The test results relate only to the behavior of the test sample under the conditions of this test method and should not be used to infer the
Fire hazard of materials in other forms or under other fire conditions. Note that this test description is intentionally generic in nature and is intended to provide a descriptive summary to aid test understanding. Standards are available from the appropriate standards bodies.