The Martindale Abrasion Tester can be used to pressure test the abrasion resistance and pilling performance of knitted fabrics, woolen fabrics, imitation leather, synthetic leather, etc. QINSUN is the manufacturer Welcome to customer inquiries.
Abrasion Resistance Test:
The round fabric sample is fixed on the sanding table and the friction test is performed with the friction head fixed with the standard friction cloth. There are three evaluation methods: the determination of sample damage, the determination of mass loss, and the evaluation of appearance changes.
To simulate the pilling that occurs during normal wear, place the sample under light pressure on the sample holder and the grinding table. The fabric itself is rubbed together with a certain geometric figure, and then the sample after grinding is compared with the standard sample for evaluation. According to the types of samples tested, canit can be simply divided into: sample photo knitting pilling review, sample photo woven fabric pilling review. And depending on the situation of pilling
the ball is divided into five levels:
5- No pilling; 4-light pilling; 3-moderate pilling; 2-severe pilling; 1-very severe pilling.
1. Sample preparation
Average in the standard environment In paved and unstretched state, it is placed for a certain time according to different standards. Such as 24 hours (IOS 480 2.2-1997), 16 hours (EN ISO 12947-4:1998);
2. Sample selection
From different parts of the whole door fabric Cut a sample, the sample must be representative. If it is a nice fabric, the sample should contain all the different textures and colors of the fabric surface;
3. Remove the load and load shaft from thee tester;
4. Remove the top plate and the test fixture;
5. Sample device:
Unscrew the retaining ring on the test fixture, remove the sample compact and place the sample in the inside of the test fixture base. When the fabric to be tested is not more than 500gsm, a piece of polyester foam is placed between the sample and the metal plug in the sample clamp, and when the fabric is more than 500gsm, foam is not required for composite fabrics . The samples on each sample holder should be subjected to the same voltage;
6. Wool felt and rubbing cloth device:
Place the felt and abrasive on the grinding table, place the weight on the abrasive, place then put the thrust washer on and tighten the nut so that the thrust washer fixes the abrasive on the grinding table;
7. Place the grinding head on the abrasive to pressurize;
8. Place the test rig with the sample facing down on the base rig and adjust the ronth groove of the test fixture to align with the load shaft so that the load shaft is inserted into the circular groove of the test fixture;
9. Set the number of times according to the standard, start the switch, start the test , automatically stop after reaching the set number of times , remove the sample and perform the evaluation. Compare the standard photos in the box.