Under normal circumstances, there are four main fabric pilling test methods: random pilling test method, Martindale abrasion test method, rolling box pilling method and circular track pilling method.
QINSUN is a manufacturer of textile testing instruments. It can provide test instruments corresponding to test methods. Welcome customers who have questions. In addition, our research and development engineers focus on testing the pilling performance of polyester cotton knitted fabrics by the bottom circular track pilling tester.
There are many types of fabrics. During the actual wearing and washing process of knitted fabrics, due to continuous friction, the fibers on the surface of the fabrics become visible on the surface of the fabrics, and the surface of the fabrics are fluffy. This phenomenon is called fluff. If these hairs can't fall off in time
during continuous wear, they become entangled with each other Kneaded together many small spherical particles, often called pilling. These hairballs protruding from the surface of the fabric are very easy to adhere dirt and dust, which seriously affects the wearability and appearance of the fabric.
1. Trial production:
(1) Pre-Treatment: If pre-treatment is required, the sample can be washed or dry-cleaned according to the method agreed upon by both parties.(Pre-treatment is recommended to avoid the friction surface of the pilling box and protect the sample tube from residual lubricants or finishes on the fabric)
(2) Cut 4 samples from the fabric sample, the size is 125mm *125mm, and another piece of fabric of the same size is cut as a comparison sample needed for assessment 2 samples are folded inwards along the frontthe longitudinal direction and 2 samples are folded inward along the front side in the width direction and are sewn with a sewing machine at a distance of 12 mm from the edge.
(3) Turn the suture sample inside out, with the front facing out. Cut 6 mm openings at both ends of the sample tube to avoid sewing deformation. Place the sample on the polyurethane sample loading tube and fix it with PVC tape (ensure that 6mm of both ends of the polyurethane are visible and the length of the tape should not exceed 1.5 times the circumference of the polyurethane tube) .
2. Test steps:
(1) Clean the pilling box;
(2) Place 4 sets of plant tubes in the box, close the lid tightly and turn the counter to the desired number of revolutions;
(3) Set the number of revolutions. number of agreements. If there is no agreement, the wool fabric is turned 7200 times, and the fine imitation fabric is turned 14400turn over;
(4) Start the pilling box, after the test is completed, get the sample, go out to bond, and do the sample evaluation.
3. Evaluation of the pilling level:
Under the standard light source, compare the assessment with the standard sample, that is, have multiple sorters compare the sample with the standard sample in the assessment box compareRatio analysis, take the result as the pilling level of the sample. The example photo method uses five numbers, 1-5 respectively. The smaller the grade, the more severe the pilling and the better the anti-pilling performance.