ASTM D3512, IOS 4802.4, ISO 12945.3, JIS L1076-D
Random Tumble Pilling Tester is used to determine the pilling and fuzzing characteristics of textile fabrics.
The test specimens with dimensions of 105times;105mm are put in the chambers. The stainless steel impellers rotate within individually lit aluminium chambers constantly tumbling test fabrics against cork liners for a predetermined time controlled by a timer and audible alarm. Compressed air is also injected into the chamber to assist in the tumbling action. Adjustable of the pressure.
1. 4 test chambers;
2. Equipped with a rotating stainless impellers in each test chamber;
3. Reliably Sealing of the testing chambers;
4. A digital electronic counter;
5. A buzzer to remind the end of test;
6. Equipped with pressure gauge and the timer;
7. Dimension of Drum: 146times;152mm;
8. Dimension of Cork liner: 452times;146times;1.5mm;
9. Rods: L=121mm;
10. Rotating speed: 1200r/min;
11. Compressed air: 0.014-0.021MPa.
1. Pilling Photographic Standards;
2. Cork Liner (Pack of 50);
3. Cotton Sliver (9m);
4. Mute air compressor (optional);
5. Other necessary accessories recommended by manufacturer.
Whatrsquo;s difference between ICI pilling tester and random pilling tester?
①、ICI pilling tester:>
Fabric sample is covered on a rubber sample tube, put in a square wood box with rubber cork, and it tumbles in rotating wood box to make sample pilling. With random movement of fabric and bearing a little pressure, this test has a better repeatability, but the factors influencing pilling test is many, such as the superficial condition of rubber cork and rubber tube. This test method is suitable for fabrics easy to pilling.
②、Random pilling tester:>
Fabric sample tumbles in a cylinder with a stirring rod, rubbing with another sample or cylinder wall to produce pilling. Movement of fabrics is random and irregular; fabric surface undertakes a large external pressure. Sometimes fabric sample gotten stuck behind the stirring rod results in weak repeatability of this pilling test.
Get a Quote
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *