The chromatographic infusion pump is an important part of the liquid chromatograph. Their job is to deliver the mobile phase to the chromatographic system at a stable flow rate or pressure.
For chromatographs with an online degasser, the mobile phase passes through the degasser before entering the column.
The stability of the infusion pump is directly related to the repeatability and accuracy of the analysis results.
A few maintenance tips for chromatographic infusion pumps:
1. Use methanol as the mobile phase, please pay attention to self-protection and environmental protection, waste liquid pour out it in an empty bottle, concentrate it and do not pour it down the drains.
2. Before using the chromatographic infusion pump, pay attention to the leak detection test and check whether at each sealing pointand there are leaks in the pump body.
3. When there is no mobile phase flow, it is strictly forbidden to start the pump body motor to avoid wear of the piston seal ring.
4. When testing the flow performance of the pump, the container used to collect the liquid should be a small neck container to prevent the solution from evaporating during the collection process and affecting the measurement accuracy.
If necessary, keep them airtight in a dry container to prevent mold growth on the optical system.
5. For infusion pumps with metal pump bodies, avoid using mobile phases that contain halide ions or mobile phases that can generate halide ions. If such mobile phases have to be used, it is recommended to use a pump: infusion pumps made of non-metallic materials.
After the brewAfter that, the pump body and tubing of the entire chromatography system should be cleaned immediately with deionized water.
6. The mobile phase used must be HPLC grade or analytical grade, especially the configured mobile phase;
Must be filtered before use. Remove the granules impurities and other substances (use 0.45μm membrane filter)
7. If you do not use the infusion pump for a long time, you should use a syringe to draw deionized water through the end of the pump the analysis. The special pump head cleaning hole cleans the pump housing and piston rod.
to prolong the life of the seal and the jeweled piston.
8. When repairing or maintaining the liquid circuit of the chromatographic infusion pump, the power supply to the instrument should be cut off. Please do not open the case cover whenYou are not a maintenance person.