ASTM D6413 Vertical Flammability Test Chamber GT-C35A> To measuring the vertical flame spread for children’s sleepwear, fabrics, other textile materials or resilient filling materials used in upholstered furniture of textiles.
Different accessories,burners and configurations are required for different standards. Please specify standards(s) required.
Textile Flammability Testing Principle
Vertical Flame Test Chamber> Under controlled laboratory conditions, material response to heat and flame is measured and described. A test specimen is positioned vertically above a controlled flame and exposed for a specified period of time. Following exposure, the flame source is removed. Measurements are made on the length of time that the specimen continues to flame and the time afterglow continues after the flame source has been removed. Char length, or visible damage to the test specimen after application of a specified tearing force, is determined. Notations on observations of melting and dripping are also recorded.
Fabric Flammability Test Feature
1. Stainless steel test cabinet with glass observation panel , durable and easy maintenance.
2. 3 time recorders, one record firing time, one record after flame time and the other one record afterglow time(accuracy 0.01s).
3. Control cabinet and burning box separate design which is safe and reliable.
Flammability Testing Test Steps
1. Put the prepared sample into the fixture and hang it in the Vertical Flammability Testing Chamber.>
2. Turn on the power of the device.
3. Select the language to enter the test interface.
4. Click the Positive button in the test interface tolet the burner run directly below the sample.
5. Use flame measuring scale to measure the distance betweenthe burner and the sample and adjust the position of the sample.
6. After adjustment, click“Rst, turn the burner back to initial position.
7. Set Flame Application time on test Interface, turn on the air source, clickAirSource, clickIgnition”(Initial ignite need to wait a while)
8. Turn the gas knob to adjust the flame size.
9. After the flame adjustment is complete, click Start.According to the burning state ofthe sample, click the Afterflame time button and “Aftergow time button respectively.
10. After the combustion is completed, remove the sample.
11. Select the corresponding weight according to the sample,hang it on the sample to straighten the sample, and measurethe burning distance of the sample with a measuring ruler.